Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4: Weekly Update







My SMART goal....

My SMART goal this past week was to use my reusable bags 100% of the time I go to the grocery store, Target, etc. for the next 10 weeks.


Successes and Challenges...
I just went to the grocery store today and used my reusable bags! I was worried that I would have too many groceries for my bags, but those things can hold a lot! I only have two and I got $50+ worth of groceries in them (minus the milk which I carried)! 


I noticed when I went to TJMaxx this last week, I didn’t think to bring my bags with me. It wasn’t until I was checking out that I realized I could use them for clothes, too. The challenge with this is I was heading to the mall after, and my bags probably would have been full, so then what do I do? I’m thinking I’ll take out the items I already bought from one place, and leave them in my car. I will have to make a couple of trips when I’m home, but it’s good exercise and I’m being eco-friendly!


Feelings....
I'm very proud of myself for bringing my bags with me, and noticing that they hold a lot more in them than I thought! I'm excited to keep using them. I feel like I'm setting a model for others in the store, too, which is a cool thing. Especially since I was the youngest one in there at that time I think!


What I learned....
As I've already mentioned, I learned those bags have some great depth to them! I don't know if anyone else was thinking the same thing as me, but take it from me and use them because they hold a lot! I also learned that remembering the bags isn't that hard, as long as you have planned out that where you are going when making errands.


Plans for Next Week....



I have decided to add on to my SMART goal by continuing to use my reusable bags 100% of the time I go to the grocery store, Target, etc. AND start looking at the labels of products I use to see where I need to improve! Should be interesting but I can use the website we used for the eye opener! 





2 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you are adding to your goal! I'm glad it's been working for you and you finally got to use your bags! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how much those bags could hold! That's cool that they hold a lot. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete