Sunday, October 25, 2009

Eye Opener: Environmental Working Group

I wasn't sure what the Environmental Working Group was so I jumped on their website and discovered some cool things. They have all sorts of research and information free to the public to help educate people to becoming healthier. I put my makeup foundation I use in the search box on the skin deep page and my mouth dropped when I saw what the potential hazards that could happen from using it! I knew of some bad makeup brands in the past, but I didn't know the one I use now is bad. It scored a 5 out 10 on the hazards scale, so at least it's moderately bad. I could get cancer, developmental/reproductive toxicity, and allergies to name a few. There are two views I have on this topic and they are either people are getting out of hand with thinking there is always a correlation with diseases from things we use, or that I need to be more aware of what I'm using. I am indifferent with this topic at this point, but it was a very cool eye opener once again.

2 comments:

  1. It's crazy to think that everyday things we use are so hazardous! I never even thought about it before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldnt believe that products such as make up could be so hazardous. It really makes you think twice about everything else we use!

    ReplyDelete