Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 2: Weekly Update


My SMART goal is to use my reusable bags every time I go to the grocery store, Target, Walmart, etc. I guess I can say I have succeeded in my goal because I have not yet been to any stores! It definitely is in the back of my mind, though. 


One challenge that comes to mind is if I get a decent size of groceries, do I cave in and use a few plastic bags from the store, or buy more reusable bags. I hate buying things that won't be put to use, because that is a waste of money, and I know I usually only buy a big group of groceries every once in a while, so I can't decide what to do. I would like feedback from my group on this one! =) Another challenge I mentioned earlier was if I should buy plastic bags to use as a liner in the garbage, or if I should use ones that I normally get from the store. However, I'm not supposed to use the ones I get from the store, so I am not sure what to do. Again, group what do you all think? 


Knowing I have to keep up with my blog is a constant reminder of my goal, so that is how I can keep it in the back of my mind. I feel confident every day in achieving this goal, because when I put my mind to something, I try to make sure I succeed. 


I didn't learn much from this week, but I plan on continuing what I'm doing to achieve my SMART goal. After all, I'm letting myself down if I don't get there!


Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 2 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy.

3 comments:

  1. I like your goal a lot! You brought up a really good point such as what you would do if you bought a lot of groceries. I'm anxious to see what happens what you get to that point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You posed some challenging questions. I have several reusable bags that I use when shopping, so take more than one. They don't have to be bags specific to that store. You can use a bag of any kind that you have at home...duffle bag, backpack, etc. As far as lining the garbage can...hmmm...that would make a for a great class discussion. Please bring that up on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a tough decision to make. I like Dr. V's idea on bringing other bags like backpacks and duffle bags. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete