Friday, October 9, 2009

Reflections: Week 3 and 4

 It was really nice to be able to meet with the TA's to go over our blogs. Even though I didn't have many questions, I was able to make sure I was on the right track, and I was able to make sure I had everything I needed on my blog. Worked perfectly for me.
On Monday, I learned quite a bit when I was in class! I didn't know I was actually behind on the posting and commenting. I'm glad we were able to go over that, and doing so by playing a game was fun. The bag of gifts was priceless! I will be making sure I look at the schedule a lot more often to make sure I don't miss anything. Also, watching "An Inconvenient Truth" was very intriguing. I knew about global warming and the problems it's causing, but I didn't know to the extent that it is. I really like how Al Gore showed the scientific background to it by presenting statistics and graphs to give a visual aid to the audience. To me, he kind of 'dumbed it down' for everyone to understand, even the younger population. I really like people's comments in class on how it really is 'an inconvenient truth' to the world, but we won't do anything about it (just yet). It is funny how we shove problems to the side until they actually have affect on people. I also thought it was interesting how the United States is the worst for polluting the air, adding more Carbon Dioxide to the atmosphere than any other country. It seems like karma, as a matter of fact, because look at our economy now. We used to be on top, and now we are struggling to get off the ground. Furthermore, the Blog Action Day is perfect timing for our class and this discussion. I didn't know they are meeting in December to go over climate change, but it's about time they finally address the issue! I'm excited to see how that event will turn out, and I'm excited to be apart of it.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree! "An Inconvenient Truth" was very intriguing and huge. It is crazy how much people don't realize how much we impact the Earth and how global warming is actually happening. I sure hope they start doing something about it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I had no idea how serious global warmning was! I learned a lot from this movie!

    ReplyDelete